The Hub is excited about our new look, new books, and new school year! This week we are hosting an “Open House” to welcome back students and staff and show off our new look and opportunities. We’d like to share some of the highlights with you.
- The Campfire, Tree House and new addition “Starbooks Café” will continue our goal of promoting the best of children’s literature with activities and special events to help student enjoy stories even more.
- We continue to add new titles of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers and will do our very best to get (or keep) students “hooked on reading” through recommendations of specific reading materials suited to individual interests and abilities.
- Library lessons will focus on learning age appropriate research and computer skills as well as good Digital Citizenship to help your child make safe and ethical decision when using the Internet
- Our expanded “Makerspace” offers more exploration and discovery opportunities using 3D printers, Ozobots, Legos, Gizmos & Gadgets and more.
Library officially resumes the week of August 7. Please review the following guidelines that we have shared with your student:
- Book checkouts are for one week. Students are expected to return with their book each week even if they wish to renew a title.
- Kindergartners may check out one book at a time.
- Grades 1-5 may check out two books at a time.
- The Hub does not charge fines, however students may not check out new materials until previous checkouts are returned.
- Students are responsible for caring for the materials they check out. Therefore, students will be charged the replacement cost for books that are damaged or lost.
- Book Care Tips are on the reverse side of this letter. Please read and discuss these with your student.
We are excited about this coming year and committed to making The Hub one of your child’s favorite places in school! Please do not hesitate to stop in The Hub or email us if you have any questions.